Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Inaugural Athletes for a Cure Triathlon to raise money for the Prostate Cancer Foundation

I work with some really great people. When my friend Lori Bredemeier found out that I was diagnosed with Prostate Cancer she told me that her family was participating in the inaugural Athletes for a Cure Triathlon that will take place at WALT DISNEY WORLD® Resort near Orlando, Florida on September 21, 2008, to raise funds for the Prostate Cancer Foundation and that she would like to raise money for the Prostate Cancer Foundation in my name. I was very touched and really appreciate her, her husband Michael and sister Jenne Frisby for their participation in the Triathlon that will benefit the fight against Prostate Cancer.

Please go to the "Team Frizbee" web site below to join us in the fight against Prostate Cancer by your donation in my name to the Prostate Cancer Foundation and support Michael, Lori and Jenne's participation in the Triathlon for this great cause!

http://AFACTri.kintera.org/loriandmichael

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darren, your story really touched me. At 43, and with little ones like you, I feel every word of what you write.
I have donated $200 to the cause... would be great to find out how it goes...

We wish you well and pray for your recovery.

Rick

Darren Ritch said...

Rick,

Thank you very much for your generous donation. Its a great cause and we can beat this disease. Your contribution helps! I will be volunteering at the event and will be blogging my experience.

Thanks Again!
Darren