So that brings me to the health positives over the past year. I will bullet this out.
1. I lost 31lbs
2. Was able to lower cholesterol to 178 from 220 and stopped medication
3. Was able to cut blood pressure medication in half, and looks like I will be able to stop altogether
4. Full recovery of incontinence after surgery (side effect of surgery)
5. Trained and ran first 5k race of my life and then ran a second 5k
6. Trained and completed first Triathlon of my life (Swim, Bike, Run)
7. Currently training for Sprint Triathlon and Olympic Triathlon (I must be nuts)
8. A renewed outlook on life
9. CANCER FREE
Wow, after listing this out its hard to believe how blessed I was through this trial the past year. I just want to communicate a message of hope for those who are reading this blog for the first time. When you first hear those words "You have Prostate Cancer", its seems like its the end, but in reality its just the beginning of a new life. I don't want to paint a rosy picture of this because its a tough road to go through treatment and some will not win their fight, but you have to stay positive and educated of your situation and make the best of it. Always remember its harder on your family than it is on you because they love you so much and don't have any control over the situation. So spend every ounce of energy and time with the ones you love, because life is precious and short, no matter if you have cancer or not you should give them a hug and kiss EVERYDAY and tell them how much you love them.
I pray for you all each day and wish you the very BEST in your journey, God Bless You!
Life is Good