Thursday, December 24, 2009

Post Surgery Update - "The Clamps"

Just wanted to give a quick update after my recent surgery on 12/10. The surgery was at the Shand's surgery center was an outpatient surgery to go into my urethra tube and remove was was thought to be a sucher that did not dissolve from my original prostatectomy. The surgery was a littl more involved as the doctor found that 2 plastic clamps used in separating the nerve bundles during my original surgery did not fall away like they were supposed to in post healing and actually were protruding into my urethra tube causing a restriction and also gathering particles from the urine as it passed. Once I was done with the surgery I found out I had to wear the catheter for 5 days instead of overnight. I was given an antibiotic and pain medicine and sent on my way. Its been 2 weeks since the surgery and I can tell a huge difference, the stream is much faster and no more sensitivity. All in all it was a success and I am ready for 2010!

Happy Holidays!
Darren

7 comments:

Christopher said...

That's great news, but unfortunate that you had to go through that.

You had this early, wow! I though I was early at 47 (surgery 10/14/09).

Best to you on your continued success and recovery.

whidbeywoman said...

Brother in Christ, I happened across your blog. I will share a link to it on mine.My husband is fighting Colon Cancer. It is tough. Keep the fight!

Anonymous said...

It was certainly interesting for me to read that article. Thanks the author for it. I like such themes and anything that is connected to this matter. I would like to read more soon.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your story and I hope your recovery and educational efforts continue to go well. I just passed the 1 year anniversary of my prostatectomy. I was diagnosed at age 49 via a biopsy after higher a higher than expected psa reading.

I found your website by searching on my pathology report "PT2aNXMX." I too continue to pray for recovery from the side effects of surgery. Like yourself, I set some fitness goals for myself and just ran my first two 5ks in the Boston area. Thanks for lifting my spirits today with your positive outlook on life!

Bazza said...

I've just begun my journey at 47. www.dyingforapee.blogspot.com

dojuma said...

Thanks for sharing this touching story

pamela drews said...

I’m giving a testimony about Dr. KOKOBI the great Herbalist, he has the
cure to all manner of diseases, he cured my  breast cancer, though I
went through different website I saw different testimonies about
different spell casters and herbalist, I was like: ‘Many people have
the breast cancer remedy, So why are people still suffering from it?’ I thought of
it, then I decided to contact kokobiherbalremedycentre@gmail.com , I didn’t believe him that
much, I just wanted to give him a try, he replied my mail and Needed
some Information about me, then I sent them to him, he prepared it
(CURE) and sent it to Airfreight Online Courier Service for delivery,
he gave my details to the Courier Office, they told me that 3-5 days I
will receive the package and i took the medicine as prescribed by him
and I went for check-up 1 week after finishing the medicine, I was
tested breast cancer negative, if you are breast cancer patient or any cancer patient at all. Do me
a favour for you to contact him and I will try my possible best to make
sure you get cured, when you contact him, make sure you tell him that
I referenced you.. contact him via: kokobiherbalremedycentre@gmail.com You can also message him on whatsapp +254746618873 and for more info message me @ pamela.drews77@gmail.com