Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Climb

In less than one month it will be the one year anniversary of being diagnosed with prostate cancer. I was the 1 in 6 men who will be diagnosed with PC. As I look back in reflection it was an unbelievable year. I am truly blessed because we caught the cancer early and I am cancer free. I have a 95-99% of non-recurrence in the next 5 years and most folks I have talked to that had surgery have gone many years beyond without recurrence. It was definitely a year of highs and lows but through it all God was with me. It has also been a blessing to have such a GREAT family and friends, always encouraging through it all. I also have so many great new friends as a result, from the survivors I have talked/blogged with, folks from Athletes from a Cure and everyone I met through them as well. We also lost friends and folks to this disease and we have to keep fighting for a cure. I personally got a second chance on life, a wake up call on my health. Its still hard to believe that I ran a 5k race and a triathlon and will continue to race for the cause and awareness for proactive screening. (If you would like to follow my training progress and race schedule please go to my new blog; http://www.athleticsaftercancer.blogspot.com/ for the latest updates)

I have been looking for the words to describe this past year and recently I heard a song by Mylie Cyrus called "The Climb" that was as close to what I would say about my life over the past 11 months. I captured the words below because they are so good. I am sure this applies in a lot of peoples lives, but if you are just beginning the journey of being diagnosed with prostate cancer this is a good anthem for you as you begin your journey. May God bless you in your climb!

"THE CLIMB"....

I can almost see it
That dream I'm dreaming
But there's a voice inside my head saying"You'll never reach it"
Every step I'm taking
Every move I make feels
Lost with no direction
My faith is shaking
But I gotta keep trying
Gotta keep my head held high
There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be an uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose
Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb
The struggles I'm facing
The chances I'm taking
Sometime may knock me down
But no, I'm not breaking
I may not know it
But these are the moments that
I'm gonna remember most, yeah
Just gotta keep going
And I, got to be strong
Just keep pushing on'Cause there's always going to be another Mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be an uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose
Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb

3 comments:

mbarnes said...

Everyone with prostate cancer should know about the data on vitamin D and it connection to this condition. Take a look at www.vitaminD3world.com for some good summaries of the data. The site also has a good newsletter

Mathew said...

This blog is great source of information which is very useful for me. Thank you very much.
BEST INFORMATION ABOUT PROSTATE CANCER.

pamela drews said...

I’m giving a testimony about Dr. KOKOBI the great Herbalist, he has the
cure to all manner of diseases, he cured my  breast cancer, though I
went through different website I saw different testimonies about
different spell casters and herbalist, I was like: ‘Many people have
the breast cancer remedy, So why are people still suffering from it?’ I thought of
it, then I decided to contact kokobiherbalremedycentre@gmail.com , I didn’t believe him that
much, I just wanted to give him a try, he replied my mail and Needed
some Information about me, then I sent them to him, he prepared it
(CURE) and sent it to Airfreight Online Courier Service for delivery,
he gave my details to the Courier Office, they told me that 3-5 days I
will receive the package and i took the medicine as prescribed by him
and I went for check-up 1 week after finishing the medicine, I was
tested breast cancer negative, if you are breast cancer patient or any cancer patient at all. Do me
a favour for you to contact him and I will try my possible best to make
sure you get cured, when you contact him, make sure you tell him that
I referenced you.. contact him via: kokobiherbalremedycentre@gmail.com You can also message him on whatsapp +254746618873 and for more info message me @ pamela.drews77@gmail.com