Sunday, July 20, 2008

3 Week Update

Well tomorrow will be 3 weeks since my surgery and I wanted to provide an update on how I am feeling. I have had the catheter out since last Tuesday and yesterday I have finally started to feel normal with limited pain. The tightness from the surgery is 98% gone and I am able to walk about 2 miles comfortably. When the catheter came out I didn't have much control of the incontinence which was expected but a little unnerving for a few days as I was adjusting but I am seeing a slight improvement as each day passes. When I coach people at work I always tell folks that you have to have patience with everything you are doing including your goals and I am now getting to practice what I preach. My goal is to get total control over my incontinence quickly but realize that I need to be patient and do what the doctors tell me and trust in God. Other than that I am trying to get back to a normal life, I have started driving a little and start back to work on Monday. It will be nice to get back to a daily routine.

I also wanted to post a picture of me (less 13lbs post-surgery), my surgeon and ARNP. We took this picture last Tuesday. I want to say that my experience at Shands Hospital at the University of Florida was incredible. Through the entire process I had a great experience from people who cared in every department I came in contact and the process ran like a finally tuned machine. I would recommend Shands Urology to everyone. I especially want to thank my doctor and surgeon, Dr. Sijo J. Parekattil, M.D (pictured on the right below). His bed side manner was incredible and I appreciate all the time he took to explain everything to me in detail and terms I could understand, and really appreciate his skill in surgery (I am healing very well!). I am very impressed with him. I could not have been in better hands. I also wanted to thank the ARNP/Robotics Clinics Coordinator, Lisa Meyer. (pictured on the left below) Her compassion, availability and bed side manner are equally impressive and Peggy and I appreciate everything she has done for us during this entire process. Until next time...

2 comments:

Bailey & Deanne said...

Hey Darren! It was great talking to you today. I guess I was a little suprised that you remembered me and if you really didn't you pretended wel... lol

I am so excited about being back in Ocala, the mad-house of Orlando is crazy!!! Even though Ocala has grown, its not Orlando. Thank God.

I am very excited to talk to Chad, I believe that your mom told me he and his family are out of town so I've been unable to talk to him yet..

Maybe we can all get together with our families and go out soon! Lets make that a plan. My cell # is 407-271-5229 and my home # is 352-509-2025 No excuses! We need to go out and celebrate me moving back to town and your great news!!

Oh yea, I have my nosed pierced and a tattoo on my foot, would your church be cool with that? I dont want to offend anyone!!

Hope to hear from you soon..

Deanne

Bailey and Deanne said...

Oh... by the way, my blog is www.baileyanddeanne.blogspot.com